Explore cacao at its various stages on its way to becoming a chocolate bar.
We hope to lead you on a journey of discovery:
- explore the bright citric tang of the fruit
- understand the role fermentation has on developing the taste of the bean
- appreciate what roasting does and how it develops the character and flavor of the chocolate
- experience how conching and tempering adds to the depth and mouthfeel of the chocolate.
Each kit contains enough cacao and chocolate for 4 people to explore, it comes with notes on each stage of the process along with suggestions for what to look for in terms of flavor, texture and appearance. This is a sensory experience, we want you to feel like you’re here on the farm with us, meeting a fresh batch of cacao. We encourage you to roast for yourselves, to see how the bean changes, what will be your favorite roast?
It’s an ideal entry into what chocolate is and where it comes from.
- Dried cacao fruit
- Whole, dried cacao beans for roasting (taste before and after roasting)
- 70% fine, dark chocolate bars